An Offshore Company can purchase or be assigned the right to use a Copyright, Patent, Trademark or Know-How by its original holders, with a power to sub-license and consequently exploit the intellectual property rights in various countries. Such arrangements must be properly planned, as many high-tax countries impose withholding tax at source on royalty payments. An existence of a double-tax-avoidance Treaty between the countries involved may reduce such withholding tax.
An offshore company can also be used by internet-businesses in a way of holding domain names and operating websites in a low tax jurisdiction.
In Mauritius for instance the Copyright Act which has been in place since 2014, provides legal protection for any original work which has been created, written down or recorded in Mauritius. Mauritius is also a signatory to the Berne Convention for protection of copyrights.
Finsburey will provide you with the following services:
- Company and other entities formation.
- Provision of Registered Office Address.
- Provision of Directors
- Provision of Secretary.
- Open bank accounts in nominated currencies.
- Bookkeeping and accounting including tax filings where applicable
- Corporate administration and other miscellaneous services.