The Property Development Scheme (PDS), which has now replaced the Integrated Resort Scheme (IRS) and the Real Estate Scheme (RES), allows the development of up-market residences for sale to non-citizens, citizens and members of the Mauritian Diaspora.
The PDS provides the following:
- the development of luxurious residential units on freehold land of an extent of at least 0.4220 hectare (1 arpent).
- the development of at least six (6) residential properties of high standing;
- high quality public spaces that helps promote social interaction and a sense of community;
- high-class leisure, commercial amenities and facilities intended to enhance the residential units;
- day-to-day management services to residents including security, maintenance, gardening, solid waste disposal and household services; and
- social contribution in terms of social amenities, community development and other facilities for the benefit of the community.
A non-citizen is eligible for a residence permit upon the purchase of a villa under the PDS scheme when he has invested more than USD 500,000 or its equivalent in any freely convertible foreign currency.
The PDS is also a demarcation from the IRS and RES in as much as it does not differentiate between small and big landowners and harmonizes the registration duty to a single rate of 5% instead of USD 70,000 on registration of a deed under IRS and USD 25,000 under RES.
Finsburey will provide you with the following services:
- Company and other entities formation to own the property.
- Provision of Registered Office Address.
- Provision of Directors
- Provision of Secretary.
- Opening of bank account.
- Bookkeeping and Accounting including Tax filings where applicable.
- Work and Residence Permit application
- Corporate administration and other miscellaneous services.